A big THANK YOU to everyone all who showed and helped to make the spring awards banquet a success and a great time.
A few items were discussed and voted on by the membership before the awards were given out. We would like to pass that information on.
We covered board member assignments:
- John Butler Jr. – President, Money and Development management
- Bill Kerkstra – Vice president, Operations/Website
- John Butler Sr. – Treasurer/Finance
- Max Fahling – Race Director
- Mike Kerkstra – Tech Director
- Tim Hutchinson – Tech
- Dave Chappell – Tech
- Scott Hassevoort – Tech
- Mark Pitcher – Grounds
- Alex Manga – Sponsor promotions/Junior programs
- Greg Mckenna – Delegate
- Brian Mckenna – Delegate
- Rocci Kerkstra – Scoring/Apparel
- Leslie – Wheeler – Scoring/Apparel
- Dan Kerkstra – Scoring
We asked if anyone would be interested in helping with trophies and awards. Involves ordering and presenting. No interest yet. If anyone would like to help in this are please contact Bill Kerkstra.
We covered race numbers again, You have all summer to improve on this:
- Large size and contracting colors
- Easy to say numbers for the sake of the score caller
- Design easy change systems in the case of sled swapping
- Sled number must always match driver number
New purchase ideas:
- BEVRA is hoping to have a sled scale at the track for the 2022 season to aid in tech.
- Bevra is hoping to have video play back of the finish line and track for the 2022 season.
- 300 Enticers covered in our Jr program discussion.
We covered a few basic rule items as a reminder:
- Stock class rules – What you can change, internal mods, Any OEM for the brand secondary, Brake upgrades. Everything else must be stock OEM.
- Super Stock IFS differences from leafers, .040 maximum over bore, 121×15 tracks only, gas shocks allowed, Yamaha can run square slide carbs.
F-440 stock IFS class will be offered for the 2022 season:
- These sleds will also be allowed to compete in our current IFS program.
- This class will be held to strict tech and weight requirements.
- After discussion it was decided by vote that BEVRA will allow the 97-98 MXZ 440 fan to compete in F-440 as well. A reminder that this sled is model allowance applies to BEVRA only and there is no guarantee it will be allowed at other venues. This will be a two year trial and then be revisited. Take note that if this model does not compete evenly it could be voted out when revisited.
Junior Novice classes… BEVRA Junior program:
- BEVRA will offer two Stock class 300cc Yamaha Enticers for new juniors to use next season.
- BEVRA is still interested to buy a reasonable 120 class sled to offer as well.
- After discussion and vote it was decided that BEVRA will allow the Junior age limit up to 16-17 years of age to new junior racers with no previous experience. Board discretion will be considered and Juniors above the age of 14 will be held to a 2 wins and out criteria.
It was a great banquet. Class champions received sweet custom embroidered jackets and gear bags, runner ups received attractive embroidered hats, special awards were given, Sponsors loaded the joint with goodies for raffle and as always BEVRA gave $10 towards members dinner.
It was good to see everyone again!
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CLASS CHAMPS!
- Super Stock 440 fan
- Super Stock 440 FA
- Super Stock 440 LC
- Super Stock IFS 540 LC
- Mod Stock 440
- Super Mod 440
- Mod Stock 340
- Limited 500/Super Mod IFS
- Pro Mod 340
- Jr novice stock 300 fan
- Jr Novice SS 300 FA/340 fan
- Jr Novice SS IFS 380 fan
- Super Stock 300 FA/LC
- Super Stock IFS 583 LC/F-500
- Super Stock 340 FA
- Super Stock 340 LC
- Super Stock Open.
- Super Stock IFS 470 LC
- Super Mod 340
- Barnstorming Relics
- Stock 340 fan
- Stock 340 FA/LC
- Stock 440 fan
- Stock 440 FA/LC
- Post 75
- Super Stock 300 fan
- Super Stock 340 fan/250FA
- Masters SS 340 LC/SS IFS 380 fan
- Women’s Super Stock 440 fan
- Masters Super Stock Open
- Super Stock IFS 540 fan
- Pro Mod 440
OVERALL TOP POINTS WINNERS:
- RICH LOCKHART – 161
- BOB LOCKHART – 140
- CHRIS YOUNG – 111
Cone head award – Spencer Hassevoort.
Best crash – Greg Bailey
Most improved – Dominic Delgato
Rookie of the Year – Riley Frisbe
Sportsmanship – Derek Michael
The Spring Awards banquet will be held April 17 at 5:00pm at the usual location. We will discuss a few new ideas coming down the pipe for next year in the first hour and then get right into awards. We will be giving out class championship awards to every class winner and will also be recognizing runner up. We are working on some goodies from our sponsors and hoping we can have a big display to raffle off. Dinner vouchers will be given to members as well. A reminder that Sportsman 0-400 and Sportsman 401+ are not officially scored classes and are not included in year end awards. Looking forward to seeing friendly festive faces.
We are racing in Lakeview Feb 13. Temps are cool and ice is good. Online registration is open. We will run limited hot laps and hope to be racing by 11 am. Invite your friends and come on out for a great day of vintage snowmobile ice oval racing!!!
After further evaluation of alternative race dates happening around the state BEVRA has decided to resort back to the original scheduled date of February 20 for the BEVRA cup. The class will be Super Stock Open. Forecasted temps look to be continued cold for the next few weeks and things are looking good for a full race season.